Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thursday SUP: South Anna

Last week brought a decent amount of rain to Virginia which meant one thing to us....

The waters were UP!

We decided to hit South Anna River for a leisure paddle last Thursday evening and took Kozy, our boxer along for the ride.

Beavers, heron, flying fish and owls were all part of the scenery that evening.


I recorded a little video with my camera during the trip but because the river was moving so quickly I had to hold the camera by the cord in my teeth to make sure I didn't get pushed into trees as I recorded.  SO....the video goes sideways for a bit while I'm paddling myself back into the middle of the river.

Kozy did amazingly well for a 2 hour journey.  He only fell in 3 times! 

It's so funny and wonderful seeing him on the board with Jody!

Anybody going out for a paddle this week? 

No comments: