Sunday, July 31, 2011

SUP Hollywood to Pipeline

Narly.  That's all I can say.

One of my younger brothers popped in for a quick visit this weekend so we decided the best way to insure he returns for a proper visit (longer than 35 hours) would be to take him SUPing through some rapids.

We decided on putting in at Reedy Creek and taking out near 14th street.





















And by the way, epic thanks to Stand Up Paddleboards Richmond for providing a ShuBu, paddle and vest for my brother to use while he was visiting!




















Once we got on the water at Reedy Creek we let my brother get his SUP legs...




















Once we navigated through the creek my brother was treated to one of the coolest views of the city.....

from the water!  =)

Since this would be one of few opportunities to take photos....we hammed it up.




















































My brother is a surfer and a skateboarder so he had no trouble maneuvering through some of the baby rapids...














































I'm proud to say I stood through some of these baby rapids myself!  =)

And then came Hollywood....




My husband made several attempts before conquering Hollywood....




































And then my little brother (who has never done anything like this before) decided to charge it...





Needless to say, he was ok. 

Infact he got the board out of the water and walked up the rocks to try a few more times!





















While he didn't conquer Hollywood the way he wanted....he impressed the hell out of me, my husband and every bystander that was watching from Belles Isle....

show-off.  ; )



















Because I didn't feel at all ready to take on Hollywood I carried my board over some rocks and put in just past the rapids. 

Then we hit some nice and quiet flat water and got to take a few more photos...




















and then Pipeline.

I have no photos or video of Pipeline because I did it!  Granted...I was on my knees the entire time (when I wasn't in the water), but I still did it and am extremely proud of myself for not freaking out.

When we do this paddle again I'll be sure to take out around Pipeline to get some photos.

Until then.....keep on paddling!  ; )

No comments: